Sunday, December 6, 2009


Time is running out!
The day that I have been dreaming about since mid-August is now coming too quickly. My final exam for my Women's History class is Tuesday night and my Ed. Tech. class closes the same day. Here is all I have to squeeze in:

1. Be a parent to 4 children who are not going away for the next 60 hours.

2. Finish a 367 page book on the Black Freedom Movement. I am on page 129.

3. Write an analysis on the book on the Black Freedom Movement. Just a little 'ol 3-pager... no biggie!

4. Finish the final copy of my term paper... a book review essay.

5. Study for my final exam. 7 weeks of material for an all-writing test. No multiple choice or fill in the blank.

6. Help host a baby shower for a good friend.

7. Attend a Christmas brunch for which I am responsible for bringing my mother's famous Wassail.

8. Create an Excel document with 5 new emerging instructional technologies. Who cares???

I am going to have to come to grips with the reality that sleep is not going to be an option until Tuesday night. I mean if medical residents can pull 60-hour shifts so can I... right? I also have to decide whether to continuously pop Adderall to stay awake and focus or Xanax to calm my nerves. That may be the biggest job of all!!!


post signature

3 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Praying for you! You will do great!

Jan said...

Hang tough Super Mom!!!!

This too shall pass!!! And, each time something is checked off your list, there'll be one less thing to do which will give you more and more breathing space.

Sorry to say that sleep, on the other hand, is just something you just might have to do without :o( !!

I am sure that things will work out :o) !! Just think, by Wednesday, it'll all be said and done!!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Love and ((HUGS))!!
Jan, John & Jillian Rose

Rachel H. said...

Hope that you get it all done just in time...It may be stressful, but it'll pass, and it'll be over, and you'll move on to the excitement that is Christmas Holidays! :)