Sunday, December 13, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Time is running out!
1. Be a parent to 4 children who are not going away for the next 60 hours.
2. Finish a 367 page book on the Black Freedom Movement. I am on page 129.
3. Write an analysis on the book on the Black Freedom Movement. Just a little 'ol 3-pager... no biggie!
4. Finish the final copy of my term paper... a book review essay.
5. Study for my final exam. 7 weeks of material for an all-writing test. No multiple choice or fill in the blank.
6. Help host a baby shower for a good friend.
7. Attend a Christmas brunch for which I am responsible for bringing my mother's famous Wassail.
8. Create an Excel document with 5 new emerging instructional technologies. Who cares???
I am going to have to come to grips with the reality that sleep is not going to be an option until Tuesday night. I mean if medical residents can pull 60-hour shifts so can I... right? I also have to decide whether to continuously pop Adderall to stay awake and focus or Xanax to calm my nerves. That may be the biggest job of all!!!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
- You let your messy daughter wear your favorite black tank
- In addition to not cleaning her room, your messy daughter does not feed her guinea pig regularly
- You allow the laundry pile in aforementioned daughter's room to grow so large it encroaches upon guinea pig's caged home
- The guinea pig, due to insufficient amounts of alfalfa hay, celery and guinea pig kibble dines upon your favorite black tank
I only have myself to blame.
Monday, November 30, 2009
I'm not sure how I forgot to mention that during my semi-grad school hiatus, my mom-mobile died. Yep, after 165,000ish miles and 3 transmissions she was finally laid to rest.... there were just too many other automotive complications to justify purchasing transmission #4. I was newly pregnant with My Baby Boy and sick as a dog when we got the old girl... I remember hoping I wouldn't throw up in my first brand new car ever! She paid me back for all the rotten sippie cups, missed car washes, marker drawings, trash pile-ups, baby puke, dirty cletes and closets worth of abandoned clothes I let ruin her interior by dying on me on the way to class on a rural Georgia highway. So, I am currently in the market for a new vehicular unit. I don't really want another minivan, but with a brood of 4 who are often accompanied by other friends, I really need the space. I sure would rather have a Surburban or something "cool." Minivans are practical... not cool. But then again I'm not that cool. I would more appropriately describe myself as tired... or grumpy... or busy.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
- August: Ordered too many clothes for Dreamgirl from home parties
- August: Granger football began and loved new reserved seating and tailgate group
- August: Finally got Big Daddy T to doctor for blood pressure that is a high as my Macy's bill... very high... almost ugly. Started medicine. No cure for Macy's bill found
- September: Kids annual photo made... actually not painful and only had to threaten son with no supper once
- September: Baby Boy starts football and now thinks he can tell people his last name is Tebow
- October: Firstborn finally quits swimming. Sad, but glad no longer fighting daily
- October: Fall Break vacay in mountains was rough, rainy, and almost disasterous. High point: I defended my Putt-Putt Champion crown
- October: Husband quits blood pressure medicine.... diet begins so I can be prepared to snag Hubby #2
- October: could not get excited about Halloween... tried to convince kiddos to wear last year's costumes and was considered mentally ill. Was finally worn down and purchased new which were quickly soaked on a rainy, cold Halloween night.
- November: Happiness found as Big Daddy T takes all four kids hunting and camping so I can have study time. China is not informed that Dreamgirl has bullet shells in diaper bag
- November: New shock collar purchased for dog in an effort to keep myself from ripping his tongue out with my bare hands. Sign oath in blood never to adopt another animal... EVER!
- November: Lesson learned- cannot skip month getting hair colored
- November: Disappointed missed Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade but first major holiday without mother was successful and celebrated with no tears.
- November: Apathy towards Halloween contagious... dreading decorating for Christmas. Hopeful that Final Exam completion in 10 days will bring renewed excitement.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
My Silver Lining Needs Help
My Mother's death has been a dark cloud in my life this year... her illness the two years prior. But there is always a silver lining to each dark cloud. Silver linings come in many shapes and sizes. As I announced a few weeks ago, my father remarried. His wife, Judy, is a mother of 3 and "Nanny" to 4 (with #5 one the way.) I have new family. Judy was a friend before she was family. Did you know my parents named Judy & her first husband Jim as my brother & sisters' guardians in their will, if my parents had both died before we were 18? Not my grandparents... not my Dad's brothers... Judy & Jim. Growing up Judy's daughter was a good friend of mine... as good of a friend as you can be at 5. It was fun to visit her when we would return to Michigan. Her parents had a pool... how cool was it to have a pool??? Totally! And she was pretty and fun and had her own room. We were pen pals until high school... when we abandoned the ritual for boys & cheerleading & driving in cars with friends. She began her family before I did and I watched it grow through annual Christmas cards from her parents to mine. A daughter followed by two sons and another baby girl as the caboose. Now... all these years later we are both the mother of four... and old friends reunited when my Dad married her Mom... sisters of sorts... a silver lining.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009