Monday, January 25, 2010
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Time is running out!
1. Be a parent to 4 children who are not going away for the next 60 hours.
2. Finish a 367 page book on the Black Freedom Movement. I am on page 129.
3. Write an analysis on the book on the Black Freedom Movement. Just a little 'ol 3-pager... no biggie!
4. Finish the final copy of my term paper... a book review essay.
5. Study for my final exam. 7 weeks of material for an all-writing test. No multiple choice or fill in the blank.
6. Help host a baby shower for a good friend.
7. Attend a Christmas brunch for which I am responsible for bringing my mother's famous Wassail.
8. Create an Excel document with 5 new emerging instructional technologies. Who cares???
I am going to have to come to grips with the reality that sleep is not going to be an option until Tuesday night. I mean if medical residents can pull 60-hour shifts so can I... right? I also have to decide whether to continuously pop Adderall to stay awake and focus or Xanax to calm my nerves. That may be the biggest job of all!!!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
- You let your messy daughter wear your favorite black tank
- In addition to not cleaning her room, your messy daughter does not feed her guinea pig regularly
- You allow the laundry pile in aforementioned daughter's room to grow so large it encroaches upon guinea pig's caged home
- The guinea pig, due to insufficient amounts of alfalfa hay, celery and guinea pig kibble dines upon your favorite black tank
I only have myself to blame.
Monday, November 30, 2009
I'm not sure how I forgot to mention that during my semi-grad school hiatus, my mom-mobile died. Yep, after 165,000ish miles and 3 transmissions she was finally laid to rest.... there were just too many other automotive complications to justify purchasing transmission #4. I was newly pregnant with My Baby Boy and sick as a dog when we got the old girl... I remember hoping I wouldn't throw up in my first brand new car ever! She paid me back for all the rotten sippie cups, missed car washes, marker drawings, trash pile-ups, baby puke, dirty cletes and closets worth of abandoned clothes I let ruin her interior by dying on me on the way to class on a rural Georgia highway. So, I am currently in the market for a new vehicular unit. I don't really want another minivan, but with a brood of 4 who are often accompanied by other friends, I really need the space. I sure would rather have a Surburban or something "cool." Minivans are practical... not cool. But then again I'm not that cool. I would more appropriately describe myself as tired... or grumpy... or busy.